Indian Council of Agricultural Research Examination is conducted every year for students who are willing to get admission in Agriculture Universities within India for Bachelors programmes in agriculture and allied subjects. Out of all the seats available in the agriculture universities, 15% of the seats are filled using the score obtained in the ICAR Examinations.
Students can get admission into 11 Bachelordegree programs based on their performance in ICAR Examination. There are basically 2 streams in which students can get admission:
- Stream A- Biology/Agriculture: This stream is for those students who cleared their class 12 examination with Biology or Agriculture related subjects as one of their main subject. The undergraduate courses offered are:
- Bio- Technology
- Home Sciences
- Stream B- Mathematics: Those students who cleared their class 12 examination with mathematics as their main subject can opt for the following undergraduate courses:
- Food Sciences
- Agriculture Engineering
- Dairy Technology
- Agriculture Marketing and Co-operation
Let us have a look at some of the important things related to ICAR Examination:
- Eligibility:The following entry requirements are to be fulfilled to be eligible to appear in ICAR Examination:
- Nationality: The applicant needs to be an Indian citizen to participate in the examination.
- Age: The minimum age limit of the candidate is 17 years while the upper age limit is 23 years.
- The candidates belonging to SC/ST/PC categories can claim age relaxation of 5 years.
- Academic Qualification: The candidate must have cleared class 12 examinations or must be appearing in class 12 examination.
- Minimum Marks: Candidates belonging to General Category should have scored at least 50% marks while candidate belonging to reserved category 40% marks are required.
- For admission in Non Hindi Speaking States: The candidate willing to get admission in universities located in Non-Hindi speaking states, they should have English as a core subject in class 12.
- For students who did their class 12 with Agriculture but without Physics & Chemistry: Such students can apply for admission into State Universities located in Chhattisgarh, M.P, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand & U.P.
- Application Process: ApplicationforICAR Examination will be accepted online as well as offline. For online application candidates are required to visit ICAR website while for offline application, OMR application form can be authorized centers of ICAR.
- Application Fee: The candidates are required to pay application fee of Rs. 500 if they belong to General category and Rs.250 is they belong to reserved category.
- Selection Criteria: The selection of the candidates will be done on the basis merit list prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate in the entrance examination.
For details related to ICAR Examination and other examination to get admission into similar courses, candidates can visit www.Motachashma.com