The Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges of Karnataka conduct its own entrance examination to select candidates to get admission into Medical, Engineering and Dental colleges located in the state of Karnataka, the test is known as COMEDK UGET. Applications for admission into B.E., B.Arch as well as MBBS can be made through COMEDK.
A candidate can appear for both B.E. & MBBS admission by the means of COMEDK UGET Examination. For candidates who want to appear in both MBBS as well as B.E., they will have to answer total 300 questions while candidates appearing in B.E. will have to answer 180 questions.
The exam notification for COMEDK 2016 has been released and the exam will be conducted on May 08, 2016. In this article we will discuss the details related to COMEDK Examination:
- Eligibility:The following eligibility requirements are to be fulfilled in order to appear in the examination:
- Domicile: COMEDK is a not a domiciled examination i.e. students from any state can appear in the examination provided they full fill other admission requirements.
- Age: The candidate needs to be over 17 years to be eligible for UGET.
- Academic Qualification:
- For B.E./B.Arch.: Candidate must have cleared class 12 examination from any recognized board and should have studied Chemistry,Mathematics and Physics along with English as a compulsory subject.
- For MBBS: The candidate should have cleared class 12 exam from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Biology along with English as a compulsory subject.
- Minimum Marks: In Class 12, students should have scored marks above the minimum threshold mentioned below:
- For B.E.: 45% for candidates belonging to general candidates, 40% for candidates from reserved categories.
- For B.Arch: The candidates belonging to general & reserved category should have 50% & 45% marks respectively.
- For MBBS: Minimum qualifying marks for class 12 for general candidates is 50% and for candidates belonging to reserved category it is 40%.
- Application Process:Candidates are required to make online application. The details of the application process are:
- Registration For Application(RFA): Initially candidates should register themselves for making the application form.
- Online Application Form (OAF): After completion of the registration i.e. RFA, applicant can go ahead and complete the application process by filling the Online application form.
- Application Fee:Thepayment of the application fee can be done by the means ofDemand Draft while the application fee depends upon the courses being applied by the candidate:
- For B.Arch.: Rs. 1000.
- For B.E. or MBBS: Rs. 1200
- For MBBS and B.E.: Rs. 1500
- Exam Pattern:The question paper for B.E. students will have 180 questions, while 240 questions are to be answered by MBBS aspirants and the students appearing in both will have to answer 300 questions.
- No negative marking will be there and each correct answer will be given 1 mark.
For details related to COMEDK and other Medical and Engineering entrance examinations, visit www.Motachashma.com.